Harry Yudenfriend.

This section talks about the faces behind the evolution of computer Industry, though we mostly talk about mainframe's progress.
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Harry Yudenfriend.

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

Harry Yudenfriend has been a significant leader in the evolution of mainframe I/O technology. He is an IBM Fellow with Systems and Technology Group, System z. Harry works on large computer system design, specifically IBM’s System z mainframes. He is the lead technologist for mainframe input-output (I/O) that enables mainframes to handle huge numbers of incoming user requests and send out data to each of them, as in bank online transaction processing or Internet serving.

He is an inventor of HyperSwap and Dynamic I/O Reconfiguration Management for continuous availability; HyperPAV for improved efficiency and simplification; Extended Addressability Volumes and multipleSubchannel sets for increased scale; and System z Discovery and Auto-Configuration (zDAC) to simplify I/O configuration definition.
Thanks,
Anuj

Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.