Joe Piscopo.

This section talks about the faces behind the evolution of computer Industry, though we mostly talk about mainframe's progress.
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Joe Piscopo.

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

[center]Image[/center]

If you've worked with Financial Institutions having their Business running on Mainframes - you must have worked with Panvalet and Easytrieve. If not directly, you have been using them remotely and the Man behind them is - Joseph A. Piscopo. Joseph A. Piscopo retired in 1987 after 18 years as the Chairman and C.E.O. of Pansophic Systems, Incorporated (NYSE: ‘PNS’). This firm was founded by him in 1969. Before starting with his own venture, he, Piscopo was a programmer at the Joliet Arsenal, lead programmer at Montgomery Ward & Co. (Chicago), and Technical Vice President of a small software firm in Chicago.

Joseph A. Piscopo attended the University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana. After the university he founded Pansophic Systems in 1969. During 1970s The Company saw the rapid growth, as its Panvalet Source Code management system for Mainframes and Easytrieve. Easytrieve report generation software ranked among the industry's most successful products and still many of use it. He also works as "angel" investor in technology firms.
Thanks,
Anuj

Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.
Quasar Chunawala
Registered Member

Re: Joe Piscopo.

Post by Quasar Chunawala »

I read his oral interview. Piscopo - the guy when he set out to start a new company, they had a meeting - his uncle knew several wealthy friends and potential investors. He put several ideas on the table. By the end of the meeting, twenty five investors left checks on the table totaling $150,000. That's something at the age of 24! :idea:
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

Yes, Quasar - That's correct. During 70's Panvalet and Easytrive generated revenues in millions -- perhaps in early years of his start might have given enough to give that money back to investors... :)
Thanks,
Anuj

Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.
aliciaazuri

Post by aliciaazuri »

Thank you very much for this post on Joe Piscopo, who seems to be an outstanding investor.

I'll die less stupid tonight, thanks again.