How to make my REXX available everytime.

Time Sharing Option, Interactive System Productivity Facility and REstructured eXtended eXecutor

Moderator: mickeydusaor

RyanFox
Registered Member

How to make my REXX available everytime.

Post by RyanFox »

Hi,

I have written a REXX code which is working fine for me. It is a macro. The problem is I wanted it to be available to me every time I login to my TSO and go to ISPF. I have added it to SYSPORC but it remains there until I'm logged in. Once I log-off and log in next day it is not there a way to make it available always?
nicc
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: How to make my REXX available everytime.

Post by nicc »

Many companies (but not all) have some process whereby a user's personal libraries can be added to the concatenations in the logon procedure. However, there is no standard way of doing this. so you will have to a) find out if there is a way and b) what that way is.
Regards
Nic
RyanFox
Registered Member

Post by RyanFox »

Thanks nicc.

I thought a programmer could it his/her own!.
Robert Sample
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Post by Robert Sample »

The standard way is to talk to the site support group. There is usually (but not always for all sites) a site-supported user library into which REXX members can be placed and become available site-wide. However, the ability to add to this user library is almost always restricted to only the site support group since they want to keep malicious code away from everyone.
RyanFox
Registered Member

Post by RyanFox »

Robert Sample wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:12 pmThe standard way is to talk to the site support group. There is usually (but not always for all sites) a site-supported user library into which REXX members can be placed and become available site-wide. However, the ability to add to this user library is almost always restricted to only the site support group since they want to keep malicious code away from everyone.
Thanks Robert. Site support is not very supportive, so I'm doing it for me everyday as of now.