Need an opinion on an Online Course

C/C++ and Java for MVS & zOS.
techgeek

Need an opinion on an Online Course

Post by techgeek »

Hi, I'm a newbie in this forum. Hope everyone's doing fine:)

Writing is my passion but I also enjoy dabbling in coding n marketing once in a while...wasn't sure on which forum to introduce myself;)

So basically, I came across Scaler Academy as I was browsing through some courses while trying to find answers to someone's query on this forum:)

Recently I stumbled upon this article: https://www.thehindu.com/business/scale ... 023099.ece

My first thoughts were, a great initiative by this platform. They are truly revolutionizing the edtech industry.

Especially the reason being, the curriculum taught in colleges are so pathetic, when you graduate you begin to realize that you've just earned a degree not the knowledge that is necessary for industries which leads to increase in unemployment.

Also reading their success stories adds credibility to the fact that they are fully invested in a student's journey: https://www.scaler.com/blog/tag/scaler- ... xperience/

What's your Review of this Edtech Firm Scaler Academy? Or have you come across scalable courses like this?
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Re: Need an opinion on an Online Course

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

Hello and welcome to the Forums,

The first link you've posted is no longer valid and ends in 404. So can't comment on what was there.

I've not worked with Edtech Firm Scaler Academy but then there are many such courses available online. I believe if you've interest in an area of Software Field - there are lot of avenues online these days. Choose what you want to do after going through any such avenue - like, a job, a free-lance career, a study outside or more. Once you know, for sure, what you are after - you'd be able to pin point an avenue of this nature.

Personally, I've used Udemy and LinkedIn Learning - I kinda like them. But this is my personal opinion.

Hope this helps.
Thanks,
Anuj

Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.
techgeek

Post by techgeek »

Thanks for sharing your views on this, appreciate it:)
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

You're welcome! :)
Thanks,
Anuj

Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.