The Board's look is changed.

Announcements: A member should be concerned about. And the Rules you should follow.
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

The Board's look is changed.

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

As the subject line says it all - The Board's look is changed.

Why?

Just for Fun. :)

The navigation still remains pretty much the same, however, if you face some problem - please post a follow up post here.
Thanks,
Anuj

Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Re: The Board's look is changed.

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

Two things which might be of intreset because of the change, are:

[ul][li]I don't like the width of the board:[/li][/ul]
[ol]You can 'switch the width', using the following path:[/ol]
[ol]User Control Panel > Board preferences > Edit display options > Use maximum width > Select "Yes" > Submit[/ol]
[ul][li]Where are the header-links gone?[/li][/ul]
[ol]They are under "Quick Links" on the left, top of the page.[/ol]
Thanks,
Anuj

Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.
nicc
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by nicc »

And it has changed for the worse...
to get to the next unread topic I used to scroll to top or bottom - usually one spin of the mouse wheel and click on board index and click on the next topic to be read. Now I have to click on the up arrow, click on quick links, click on new posts and finally click on the next post.

And when I log out it would be nice to have a logged out messgae - not be presented with the blog screen.

And whilst we are at it... the message "Hello Guest, finally you are here" is a bit daft as I leaving, not arriving. Also, I do not need to be greeted with good evening when it is afternoon, or good morning when it is evening. Either get the local time or do not bother.
Regards
Nic
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

nicc wrote:to get to the next unread topic I used to scroll to top or bottom - usually one spin of the mouse wheel and click on board index and click on the next topic to be read. Now I have to click on the up arrow, click on quick links, click on new posts and finally click on the next post.
I don't quite follow it. We still have the "recent topics" active. Or you used some other navigation for next topic?

For other feedback allow me to have some time, please. Away from the computer,  at the moment. 
Thanks,
Anuj

nicc
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by nicc »

Yes. Recent Topics is there but you have to navigate there and by using Quick Links you have 4 steps insted of 2. BUT...I see that 'Board Index' is still at the bottom but has moved to the left hand side (same for the top of page) so I am happy again - but there is an adage that applies to most things - "If it ain't broke - don't fix it"! Anbd I am too old to waste time looking for where something has moved to.
Regards
Nic
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

Okay. Just now out of town, travelling. Will bring back the previous look by late this evening, IST. :)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Thanks,
Anuj

Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

Hi Nic,

It's back to previous look. This, "And when I log out it would be nice to have a logged out messgae - not be presented with the blog screen" does not happen any more.

For the 'time zone message', please give me some time. I'll try to resolve it. OTOH, is it only Nic who observes this or someone else has also noticed this*?

* - this refers to this quoted text:
the message "Hello Guest, finally you are here" is a bit daft as I leaving, not arriving. Also, I do not need to be greeted with good evening when it is afternoon, or good morning when it is evening. Either get the local time or do not bother.
Thanks,
Anuj