Find in which job the dataset is created?

CA-7 Job Management and CA's Workload Automation Restart & Tracking Tool CA-11, CA-ADC2, CA-Manager, CA-Jobtrac, CA-ESP (formerly Cybermation), ASG-ZEKE, ASG-Workload Scheduler (formerly BETA42),BMC Control-M, IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler (TWS, formerly OPC, OPC/A, OPC/ESA, Maestro) JES3 DPC (Dependent Job Control)
Amit Salvi

Find in which job the dataset is created?

Post by Amit Salvi »

Hi,

I'm doing one analysis in which I've got a list of data-sets and I need to identify the jobs in which they are created. Is there an easy way out to do that apart from searching the name in the jcl/proc librarly manually? We're using CA-7.
nicc
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Find in which job the dataset is created?

Post by nicc »

Depends what you mean by manually and what tools you have available. You can try SRCFOR on the command line of a member list but you may not be popular and your session will be unusable until the command has finished. The result will reduce the number of procedures/jobs that you need to search to find which one(s) create the the dataset. Note that it is possible to create datasets using utility control cards (VSAM datasets created via IDCAMS for example).
Regards
Nic
William Collins
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Find in which job the dataset is created?

Post by William Collins »

I remember seeing a demo of UCC7 (now CA-7) a looonnnggg time ago, and I'm sure they showed us that. Ask your Scheduler people.