Will ISACA certifications supercede ITIL?

'They' say "they" matter!
Girish Kannad

Will ISACA certifications supercede ITIL?

Post by Girish Kannad »

I was trying to understand if it's good to go for ISACA or ITIL. I did google about it an dgot some confusing details about it. Some said that, ISACA’s COBIT Foundation and CGEIT certifications will become more popular than ITIL certifications. What is your opinion, please share.
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Re: Will ISACA certifications supercede ITIL?

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

Opinions vary - I'm not a spoke person of any of these however, I've read books on ITIL and used its principles and I find they are good however, in the recent times, COBIT is picking up popularity. Said that, I think - you'd need to do a self work to analyze the difference between them.

Good Luck.
Thanks,
Anuj

Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.
Robert Sample
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Re: Will ISACA certifications supercede ITIL?

Post by Robert Sample »

If you spend enough time in IT, you will find that fads come and go -- and the CIO's office is not immune. ITIL is the current "hot" topic, replacing ISO 9000, which in turn replaced Six Sigma, which in turn replaced .... You need to decide what makes most sense for YOU -- ITIL is current; ISACA may (or may not) eventually replace ITIL as the "hot" topic. ITIL will continue to be used, whether or not ISACA becomes hot.