Interview process in India and abroad.

All sort of Mainframes Interview Questions.
Makrand
Registered Member

Interview process in India and abroad.

Post by Makrand »

Hi,

I am working in an Indian MNC and thinking to settle down abroad - UK, US or Australia. Was thinking about the interview process in the abroad location. If anyone of you can share about your experience from abroad location it might help me to understand on how to prepare for better interviews.

Thanks for any guidance on this.
Robert Sample
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Re: Interview process in India and abroad.

Post by Robert Sample »

I'm not sure generalizations will help you much.  I've been offered 5 jobs since the end of 2013.  Three of them were after a 30 to 45 minute phone interview (2 offers were made an hour after the phone interview), and two of them involved multiple phone interviews along with personal interviews during a site visit -- so the process has ranged from a few hours to more than 2 weeks total. 
I think having a solid technical foundation in what the company wants is key, along with doing research before the interview so you can have good questions to ask back during the interview process.
Makrand
Registered Member

Post by Makrand »

Thanks. This is very muck like India then.

Thanks for generalizations, it helped.
Raghvendra Singh

Post by Raghvendra Singh »

I would say that they should be like the client interviews. I appeared in some client interviews from Imedia. You can ask about in your company too.
Makrand
Registered Member

Post by Makrand »

Thanks all. In one of the interview they have asked me like how recently you have coded a CICS screen. I was being honest said that not a brand since 2 years as most of the work is on enhancement. I have been working as Technical Manager but can work as a programmer too. But the position was for senior programmer they said to me you are not fit!
Rashmi Bansal
Registered Member

Post by Rashmi Bansal »

Interview process should be mostly similar. I have many of my friends who were gone to onsite and then changed their companies there. They were not very good technically, just fine.