PC Communication VB Script Programming

Anything about Mainframes - it's going away to Dinosaur is still roaring! To discuss/develop Mainframes Apps on/for Android Apps, Google Play Store and Mac App Store. Tools related to Mainframes usable on other Platforms like Windows, Android or Mac, Linux.
thiele3105

PC Communication VB Script Programming

Post by thiele3105 »

Hi,

do you have an idea how i can code an automatic refresh of an 3270 Screen with a PC Communikation VB Script or a Macro?

The Script/Macro should make an <ENTER> in a previous determined period. (Maybe a Panel field inside the 3270 Session)
The Script/Macro should run endless, until aybody press a defined Key (i.e. PA1).

I would be happy, if anyone has an exsample.

Neverthelless I need a detailed documentation how to code VB Script inside of PC Communication 5.9 or 6.1

thanks a lot in before

Christoph
Robert Sample
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Re: PC Communication VB Script Programming

Post by Robert Sample »

Have you discussed doing this with your site support group? It is not a good design as it ties up system resources with the terminal session. While it can be done (MAINVIEW is a product that allows automatic refresh of screens), I've never heard of it outside monitor packages (which implies it requires using system resources that an application programmer probably won't be able to access). I don't know for sure but suspect that you will discover that this is not possible using your terminal emulation software but must be coded on the mainframe instead.