Hi everyone

Meet and greet the other members here and introduce yourself to the world, the way you want -- pull up a chair and make yourself comfortable!
a2dhotre

Hi everyone

Post by a2dhotre »

I am Akshay Dhotre, from Maharashtra. I have been trained on mainframe CICS and working on project related to healthcare from past month.
I came to know from some sources that , Mainframes do not have any future and for developer like me it will be difficult to switch the organization as there is less demand. So, is it true that Mainframe is outdated? What should I focus on for learning so that I can survive in IT industry.
Robert Sample
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Re: Hi everyone

Post by Robert Sample »

Sigh. Did you not do a search on this forum or through Google before asking? The question comes up every month or two and the same answer always applies -- we are not oracles so we do not know the future of mainframes. However, IBM has been selling mainframes for more than 50 years and derives a significant revenue stream from them. Therefore it is not likely that mainframes will be going away in the next years (how long they'll be around, who knows).

Topic locked as a repeat.

Return to “Introduce Yourself and Share Your IT Experience.”