GDG Roll In and Return Code 246.

Mainframe Application Testing, Offline testing and Tools. Xpediter, IBM Debugger.
Shalini Gupta

GDG Roll In and Return Code 246.

Post by Shalini Gupta »

Hi,

I go this abend:

Code: Select all

GDG ROLL IN ERROR - RETURN CODE 246 REASON CODE 0 MODULE IC0CLB9 
I'm not sure where do I start to resolve it. What can be a possible reason for this, can someone please help.
Robert Sample
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Re: GDG Roll In and Return Code 246.

Post by Robert Sample »

Start by contacting your site support group. This error message indicates that there is a catalog problem and only someone working in your site's support group will be able to address and resolve the issue. Furthermore, there is nothing you, as an application programmer, can do to resolve the problem -- it is a system problem and needs to be addressed at the system level.
Shalini Gupta

Post by Shalini Gupta »

Thanks. Got it resolved with the support group. Thanks for the directions, I could know who to contact.
Robert Sample
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Post by Robert Sample »

Glad to hear it is resolved.

When you run into any issue your standard trouble shooting approach should be:
1. Look up the error in the appropriate Messages and Codes manual. IBM (and other vendors) put the identifier on the front of the message to make it easier to look up in the manual.
2. If the manual explanation tells you how to fix the problem, use it.
3. If you don't understand what the manual says, then you could post on a forum -- or contact your site support group -- for assistance.

Many errors occur that only someone working on the site can resolve -- hence a frequent response to postings here (and other forums) is to contact your site support group. Sometimes, the responder knows perfectly well what the problem is, but resolving it requires something be done on the site. Sometimes the problem requires additional information to resolve, and hence again someone at the site must get that additional information.