IBM Debug Tool and CICS

Mainframe Application Testing, Offline testing and Tools. Xpediter, IBM Debugger.
byelen
Registered Member

IBM Debug Tool and CICS

Post by byelen »

We're running the IBM Debug TRool for z/OS version 13.1 under CICS/TS 4.2. We have no problems using it with assembler programs. However, we have assembler modules that setup the lu6.2 environment and then call "C" programs compiled under v 1.13 z/OS XL C. I can see when the load module is accessed, but cannot get into the source via the debugging screen to set breakpoints, etc. Any advice?

Thanks in advance.

- Bruce
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Re: IBM Debug Tool and CICS

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

Hello Bruce and welcome to the Forums.
  1. Please have a look at page 16 and see if that helps:

2. page 16 on this too:

3. And page 133 on this

If the inline pdf files do not show up, access them directly using the below URLs respectively:
Hope this helps.
Thanks,
Anuj

Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.
byelen
Registered Member

Post by byelen »

Hi Anuj,

I've already tried the first two examples but not the last. I'll have another shot with it tomorrow. If it doesn't work, I plan to rerun the "C" verification module from the installation datasets to double-check that I didn't do anything stupid during the Debug Tool installation. If all is well, I'll create a quick & dirty test program in "C", tie it as the primary program in a transaction and see if I can debug the source. If so, I'll then call it from an asm program using the standard "EXEC CICS LINK" command. If that works, I'll try the same thing using our own "weird" sequence. Unfortunately, the product I support has code written 20 years ago by a couple of people who thought they were "clever". We've been paying for it ever since (sigh).

Thanks,

Bruce
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

And I thought being "clever" was something invented in 21st century! :D

Back to the topic - once you get through it, please tell us too how it goes, we'll also learn.
Thanks,
Anuj

Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.
Robert Sample
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Post by Robert Sample »

And I thought being "clever" was something invented in 21st century!
Thanks for a REALLY good laugh this morning!

FORTRAN identity array initialization snippet I ran across in college, lo these many years ago:

Code: Select all

DO 10 I=1,NROWS
       DO 10 J=1,NCOLS
    10 ARRAY (I, J) = (I / J) * (J / I)
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

It's been three days (including 18th) you've posted it Robert - and I'm still thinking that should I call it "matrix" and not array and if Matrix -- dialogues from Movie matrix comes to mind:

Trinity: Neo... nobody has ever done this before.
Neo: I know. That's why it's going to work.
Thanks,
Anuj