How to change the start-up programs on boot-up.

PC Help and Optimization in General and related to Mainframes.
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

How to change the start-up programs on boot-up.

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

I'e been facing this issue since some time and the laptop was starting pathetically slow - though later it was also diagnosed that the RAM was loose, however, if your computer also takes a long time to boot up, maybe it's time to work out to on the start-up programs that automatically open when Windows loads. Follow this, and this might help:
  1. Click on the "Start" menu and type "msconfig" without quotes into the search box. If that's not what you prefer, go to - "Start" ->"Control Panel" -> "System and Security" -> "Administrative Tools" -> "System Configuration." With both the options, this will open the System Configuration utility from which you can control your computer's start-up options.
  2. Right-click the utility and choose "Run as Administrator." If you don't have administrative permissions, you can not do this.
  3. Click the tab fourth from the left to access the start-up options.
  4. Scroll through the list and uncheck the programs you no longer want to run at start-up. Un-check only those program which you're sure of on what it does; when in doubt, leave it as is. Programs whose names include "Microsoft" or the name of your computer manufacturer are likely critical system services, so leave them alone.
  5. Apply your changes and close the windows. Your changes will take effect the next time you restart.
Thanks,
Anuj

Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.