10 websites to learn new skills - Part 4.

PC Help and Optimization in General and related to Mainframes.
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

10 websites to learn new skills - Part 4.

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

1. SuTree- Another useful aggregator of how-to videos from all around the web.
  2. Zen Habits - The ultimate productivity and self-improvement blog. Zen Habits is about finding simplicity in the daily chaos of our lives. It’s about clearing the clutter so we can focus on what’s important, create something amazing, and find happiness. Lots of learning material here.
  3. Academic Earth - Online degrees and video courses from leading universities.
  4. About.com Videos - Another solid collection of how-to video tutorials.
  5. PCWorld How-To - Lot’s of useful tutorials and guides related to fixing and modifying computers and other electronic gadgets.
  6. Spreeder- This site is focused on teaching you one new skill: speed reading. And it does a great job of doing so.
  7. Woopid- Watch free technology training videos. Get help and answer your computer and gadget questions with thousands of video tutorials for PCs, Macs, and various software applications. Please have a look at the follow up comment from Enrico, woopid is not longer working -- some other similar websites are: teachertrainingvideos, showmedo and tutorialvid.
  8. DIY Network - A go-to destination for rip-up, knock-out home improvement projects. The site offers expert answers the most sought-after questions regarding creative projects for DIY enthusiasts.
  9. Scitable - A free science library and personal learning tool that currently concentrates on genetics, the study of evolution, variation, and the rich complexity of living organisms. The site also expects to expand into other topics of learning and education.
  10. All Recipes - A complete guide to recipes and cooking tips. If you’d like to learn to be a better cook, this site is for you.
Thanks,
Anuj

Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.
enrico-sorichetti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: 10 websites to learn new skills - Part 4.

Post by enrico-sorichetti »

unfortunately link number 7 ( woopid ) does not work any longer ...
However, all good things must end: Woopid's public facing site has been closed.
cheers
enrico
When I tell somebody to RTFM or STFW I usually have the page open in another tab/window of my browser,
so that I am sure that the information requested can be reached with a very small effort 8-)
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Re: 10 websites to learn new skills - Part 4.

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

Point taken Sir - corrected it. :)
Thanks,
Anuj

Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.