Blinking PM.

Have a suggestion? Post your idea to the Ideas Home. You can also post in the Feedback Forum if you have any feedback.
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Blinking PM.

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

Got a feedback that at times users are not able notice if they've got a PM and that does not well, at times.

To solve it - we can get a blinking notification with red color to grab the attention of the user. If you think blinking PM notification is fine, please vote by clicking below.

----------

View idea at: Blinking PM.

Posted by Anuj Dhawan
Thanks,
Anuj

Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.
dick scherrer
Former Team Member

Re: Blinking PM.

Post by dick scherrer »

Many forums send an e-mail to announce a new PM has arrived . . .

fwiw
Hope this helps,
d
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

Hi Dick,

We get an e-mail here too, on the e-mail ID you've registered with.

Many of the users have registered using their personal e-mail IDs and when they are in office, use of personal e-mail-client is prohibited, and they are not aware if some PM notification e-mail has arrived. That may be one of the reasons why they think the "new message" area should get an attention by some other means too.

I've attached two .gif images to show the demo for this. Something similar we might implement. I believe this way, it'll not unnecessary clutter the main page and will serve the purpose as well. Once you've read the PM, it comes back to "business as usual":

[center]
Blinking PM Demo.gif
[/center]
[center]
Blinking PM Demo 1.gif
[/center]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thanks,
Anuj

Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.
zprogrammer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by zprogrammer »

A great idea indeed

Blinking PM Demo.gif (2.6 KiB) is good to have
zprogrammer
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

Thanks for the feedback Pk but as usual I need votes to priotize among different tasks of this nature. Please vote in to support this: ideas/idea.php?id=12
Thanks,
Anuj