Finding the name of MXG module.

How to do Performance analysis and Capacity Planning for a shop. We also talk about Software Cost here.
Arul Ravi

Finding the name of MXG module.

Post by Arul Ravi »

I get a S806 abend when I try to execute the following: //SAS EXEC MXGSAS. Actually, this we used at other company, which can not be valid at this company. In such a case how do I know the possible module names for MXG V32? Should i check in MXG.SOURCLIB? But then which member in this PDS to look at to execute the MXG? Is there any other possible way to find out?
William Collins
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Finding the name of MXG module.

Post by William Collins »

Ask SAS support. Perhaps previously you had access to a feature not licensed at your current site.
enrico-sorichetti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by enrico-sorichetti »

You worked in some organisation with some products, some jcls, some naming standards
now you changed organisation and You expect to use the same naming standard of Your old organisation :shock:

we do not know the product set and the naming standards of Your old organisation,
we do not know the product set and the naming standards of Your new organisation

how in &heaven do You expect us to give You a reasonable reply ? :evil:

ASK THE SUPPORT PEOPLE OF YOUR NEW ORGANISATION
cheers
enrico
When I tell somebody to RTFM or STFW I usually have the page open in another tab/window of my browser,
so that I am sure that the information requested can be reached with a very small effort 8-)
Robert Sample
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Post by Robert Sample »

This is one of those issues where you MUST talk to your site support group. MXG is a third-party product for which payment is required. As such, not every site uses MXG. While your old site used it, the new site may -- or may not -- even have it installed. If the product is not installed, then you will not be able to use it. Only someone working AT YOUR SITE can tell you whether or not the product is installed. If it is installed, they can tell you how to access it. They may also have to change your security profile to allow you to use it (assuming that it is installed) since many sites restrict the use of MXG so application programmers cannot use it.

One other note -- MXG does not have a module; it invokes SAS macros to perform its functions so you won't find a load module anywhere for MXG.