Can not post to my own post.

Share your feedback and suggestions about the website here.
Deepa
Registered Member

Can not post to my own post.

Post by Deepa »

Hi,

I am not able to post in my post here viewtopic.php?f=22&t=3542. What can I do ?
Robert Sample
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Re: Can not post to my own post.

Post by Robert Sample »

The topic has been locked. You cannot do anything to change this, and you cannot post anything else to that topic.

Furthermore, this is the second topic you have started about ODS at your site. As you have been told, ODS is a common acronym and you MUST explain which of the many meaning you have when you use the term.

And you have been told to contact your site support group with your questions. Your questions are not appropriate for this (or any) forum since we have no idea about how your site is set up nor what the history of your site is. We cannot answer site-specific questions because there are many ways a site can be set up and what works for one site will totally fail at another site. It is common for sites to create systems based on what is available, but your site's specific combination of software may well be unique in the world.
Deepa
Registered Member

Post by Deepa »

Thanks Robert. Site support is helpful and perhaps not even knowledgable that is why asked here. But it should not be locked.
Robert Sample
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Post by Robert Sample »

The moderators use their own judgment about when to lock topics. Although I did not lock the topic, I think it was probably locked as it concerns matters specific to your site and hence is not really a topic that should be discussed on this forum. Whether or not FTP could be used in place of the current process is something only people working AT YOUR SITE could possibly answer -- there may be good, valid reasons that FTP cannot be used. However, there is no way for us to know that since we do not work at your site. But saying the topic should not be locked is not a call for you to make -- the moderators are the ones who decide that. And I happen to agree that locking the topic makes sense as there is no way for the information to be generally applied across sites; what you asked about is too specific to your site. Whether or not your site support group is helpful is not our concern -- plus, you could talk to the application support group, your co-workers, your team lead, or even your manager about your questions so you are NOT limited to just your site support group.