Options in ISPF 3.4.

Time Sharing Option, Interactive System Productivity Facility and REstructured eXtended eXecutor

Moderator: mickeydusaor

Hari Om
Registered Member

Options in ISPF 3.4.

Post by Hari Om »

Hi,

When I try to locate the file name using ISPF 3.4, it does not show me up the dataset name. It was not happening before:

Code: Select all

Menu 	 RefList 	 RefMode 	 Utilities 	 Help 	                                     
 	¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹¹ 
 	                            	Data Set List Utility 	     	No data set names found 
 	Option ===> 	                                                                   
                                                                    	More:     + 
 	   	blank 	Display data set list     	      	    P 	Print data set list       	      
 	   	    V 	Display VTOC information  	      	   PV 	Print VTOC information    	      

Enter one or both of the parameters below: 	                                    
 	   	Dsname Level . . . 	ABCDE2.**                                      	          
 	   	Volume serial  . . 	       	                                                  

Data set list options                                                          
 	   	Initial View 	             	   	Enter "/" to select option     	                
 	   	1  	1. 	Volume   	           	   	/  	Confirm Data Set Delete                   	  
 	  	    	2. 	Space    	           	   	/  	Confirm Member Delete                     	  
 	  	    	3. 	Attrib   	           	   	/  	Include Additional Qualifiers             	  
 	  	    	4. 	Total    	           	   	/  	Display Catalog Name                      	  
                              	   	/  	Display Total Tracks                      	  
                              	   	/  	Prefix Dsname Level                       	  

When the data set list is displayed, enter either: 	                            
   	"/" 	on the data set list command field for the command prompt pop-up, 	       
 	  	-ETRMPRI 	*DSLIST  	                                                           

upon research I came to know that by removing / from in front of the "Display Total Tracks" and "Prefix Dsname Level" it works. Why it is so? And how can remove / from them permanently, they come back every time I try again.
Robert Sample
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Re: Options in ISPF 3.4.

Post by Robert Sample »

The Display Total Tracks option has nothing to do with your problem. The Prefix DSNAME Level option, however, indicates whether or not to prefix anything you put in the DSNAME field on this screen with your TSO user id. There is a way to change those options permanently but I don't recall if it is in option 0 of ISPF or not -- I'll research it when I have access to my mainframe.