TSO HOMETEST.

Other Mainframe related questions which attracts you and there is no suitable Forum you find for it and related FAQs.
Chaitnaya
Registered Member

TSO HOMETEST.

Post by Chaitnaya »

Hi,

We have Fusion Jobs, they had been failing because the Linux/windows server to which the file is being sent to is not available according to failed Job on mainframe. But when we ask the network Team from Windows, they say the server is available. What can cause it?

Other question I have is, in situation like this when we issue TSO HOMETEST to find the IP address of mainframe, will that be fine to say that IP from HOMETEST is the IP which is sending data/file to destination IP?
Vicky Malhotra
Registered Member

Re: TSO HOMETEST.

Post by Vicky Malhotra »

Other question I have is, in situation like this when we issue TSO HOMETEST to find the IP address of mainframe, will that be fine to say that IP from HOMETEST is the IP which is sending data/file to destination IP?
I just tried the command and I think it should be the IP of the mainframe.
Robert Sample
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Post by Robert Sample »

they had been failing because the Linux/windows server to which the file is being sent to is not available according to failed Job on mainframe. But when we ask the network Team from Windows, they say the server is available. What can cause it?
You really, really, REALLY need to consult with a z/OS or network system programmer for your site. One possible reason for this is that the mainframe TCPIP stack points to a particular IP address for resolving names while the Windows machines are pointing to a different IP address for resolving names. This assumes that you are using the Linux/Widows server name in your jobs, not the actual IP address. If you're using the IP address, then your site system programmer needs to validate the network configuration as somewhere it would be missing something.

HOMETEST will give you the IP address of the mainframe. Since TCPIP can be configured to use multiple IP addresses, HOMETEST may not give you all of them. TSO NSLOOKUP should show you which DNS your mainframe is using.
the Linux/windows server to which the file is being sent to is not available
What, specifically, is telling you this? The exact message and its message ID can be critical to resolving TCPIP issues.
Chaitnaya
Registered Member

Post by Chaitnaya »

Thanks Robert. We did talked to network team from Linux side. We don't have mainframe network system programmers with us, that's what I was told.

For TSO NSLOOKUP, when I issues it, I got the following:

Code: Select all

EZB3170I Default Server:  usigwadc1003.corporate.companyname.com
EZB3172I Address:  10.21.248.32 	                                

EZB3042I >

What does this mean? Because the IP I got from TSO HOMETEST, was different than what I got in TSO NSLOOKUP.