Sort error.

IBM's Sort Product, ICETOOL, ICEMAN and ICEGENER.
Shalini Singh
Registered Member

Sort error.

Post by Shalini Singh »

Can you please let me know, what error in this sort card..

Any guieance is helpful.
sort.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Re: Sort error.

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

As part of IT career, it'll greatly help you if you can develop the skill to search the error messages system shows you. You get an ICE027A, explanation for which is:

Explanation
Critical. If ddname is blank, then:
The OUTREC or INREC length exceeded 32767 bytes, or
if INREC was specified, a SORT, MERGE, OUTREC, or SUM field was defined as extending beyond the maximum reformatted record length.
if Regular Expressions are used, DFSORT internally adds a NULL byte to the specified field in the INCLUDE/OMIT control statement. This reduces the maximum length that you can use for a Regular Expression by 1. So, for example if you are using Regular Expression on a fixed block file with an LRECL of 80, then the maximum length you can use for Regular Expressions is 79.
otherwise, a SORT, MERGE, INREC, OUTREC, SUM, INCLUDE, or OMIT field was defined as extending beyond the maximum input record length
Otherwise, ddname indicates the first data set in the OUTFIL group for which either:
an OUTFIL field was defined as extending beyond the maximum OUTFIL input record length, or
the OUTFIL output record length exceeded 32767 bytes
System action
The program terminates.

Programmer response
Check all relevant control statements for incorrectly specified field position or length values. Check the record statement for incorrectly specified length values.

If an EFS field is specified in the SORT or MERGE control statement, make sure the position begins within the record.

If ICETOOL is used, check each ON field of the failing operator for incorrectly specified position or length values, and for a DISPLAY, OCCUR, RANGE, STATS, UNIQUE, or VERIFY operator, check that the LRECL of the FROM data set is at least 4.

Off the bat, last BUILD statement you have to mention BUILD =(1,750) instead of (751,750). Should work. I've not tried it though.
Thanks,
Anuj

Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.