CICS support person having 2.6 years exp. - need suggestion.

This Forum is for the guests or the users who are not registered on this board. This part allows guests to post in.
CICSSupport

CICS support person having 2.6 years exp. - need suggestion.

Post by CICSSupport »

Hi Guys,

I am a CICS support person having 2.6 years exp but resigned few days back. I got offer in other company in mainframes. But I am in dilemma whether to continue in mainframes or other technologies.

Please share your thoughts
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Re: CICS support person having 2.6 years exp. - need suggestion.

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

Do you have offer for the job in other technology?

If no, quest ends there as you've left the previous job and apparently you need another.

If yes, are you good with the opportunities it presents now and can possibly bring in future? Write down those thoughts, meditate, pick a choice.
Thanks,
Anuj

Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.
CICSSupport

Post by CICSSupport »

Thanks Anuj.

I know you and really respect your views. Appreciate the apt reply, I think it's on us, on me to think what should I do with my career. But mainframe opportunities don't provide you good salary compared to other technologies. One of my known who is in Clouds Computing making Rs. 24 Lakh with just 3 years of experience while with his double experience I don't even make half of his salary.
DB2 Guy
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
India

Post by DB2 Guy »

Salaries are very subjective - though a bit of home work should pay. Check what other skill-set along with mainframes you can learn, try them. Start working on some projects and apply along with mainframe - lately during 2020, salaries for mainframe programmers have seen a surge as well. You might become a great asset as far as salary is concerned.