Identify the CICS transaction for CISM.

Customer Information Control System. Middleware and MQ Series.
Akshypal
Registered Member

Identify the CICS transaction for CISM.

Post by Akshypal »

Hi,

How do we identify a CICS transaction for a CISM transaction?

In one of the CICS regions we see a lot of transaction are calling a module say PGM1, now this program is being called by CISM. That mirror transaction can come from anywhere like mainframe, EAI or some other application, so how would we know which application has initiated CISM?
Robert Sample
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Re: Identify the CICS transaction for CISM.

Post by Robert Sample »

When working in IT, where similar terms may mean very different things, it is CRITICAL to get terminology correct. "CISM" most likely stands for Certified Information Security Manager -- is that what you meant? The CICS mirror transaction is CSMI -- not CISM. If you meant CSMI then you REALLY missed with "CISM" -- and you need to learn to proofread your posts before hitting the SUBMIT button.

Broadly speaking, you are not likely to know which system initiated the CSMI request -- there is nothing in the EIB to indicate that. And, anyway, what does it matter to you which system initiated the request? What good does that information do you?
enrico-sorichetti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by enrico-sorichetti »

What good does that information do you?
that' s the requirement - is the obvious answer :rofl:
cheers
enrico
When I tell somebody to RTFM or STFW I usually have the page open in another tab/window of my browser,
so that I am sure that the information requested can be reached with a very small effort 8-)
Akshypal
Registered Member

Post by Akshypal »

I was asking about CSMI. Can it be corrected?

We are doing a testing and there are so many interfacing system which calls CICS programs using different interfaces. Now if interface1 needs to be tested but as it's a test region and interface2 makes the call to same CICS transaction using CSMI, we just don't understand which team to reach out to stop their testing. That's whay I have asked about it.