I'm finally here

Meet and greet the other members here and introduce yourself to the world, the way you want -- pull up a chair and make yourself comfortable!
zRik

I'm finally here

Post by zRik »

Hi Working as a consultant. Been in the MVS/zOS/mainframe business basically all of my professional life, since the late eighties. I have been working with products and tools such as DB2, TWS (OPC/A), some SMP/E and way back a product called Info/Man (anyone remember that one?). Also REXX, ISPF and JCL, of course. This has mostly been on the mainframe but also on DB2 and some SAP/R3 on the AIX platform for a breif period. Currently on an assignment working on DBB and IDz, sometimes more unix (both through SSH and USS/OMVS) than mainframe. I use Linux at my home computers and getting into things like Groovy, Java, shell and Perl right now.
zRik
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Re: I'm finally here

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

Hello and welcome to the Forums zRik,

I happened to work with Info/Man back in 2005. I liked it but then that was the only shop I saw it. Never heard about it later. Do they provide a sandbox for 'DBB' "to practice" - it looks interesting.
Thanks,
Anuj

Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.
zRik

Post by zRik »

Cool! Not that often you come across someone who even knows about that product.
They do not provide a sandbox where you can "practice" the whole set-up, no. There are quite a number of things that need to be installed and configured in order to get a dev-ops pipeline running, including non-IBM products.
zRik
enrico-sorichetti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by enrico-sorichetti »

i remember it from the 90ties ...

it was the companion product of info/sys

the info/sys database provided by ibm was the only way for the customer to research problem reports, apars, ptfs
cheers
enrico
When I tell somebody to RTFM or STFW I usually have the page open in another tab/window of my browser,
so that I am sure that the information requested can be reached with a very small effort 8-)