TSQ value is getting vanished.

Customer Information Control System. Middleware and MQ Series.
KavalJeet
Registered Member

TSQ value is getting vanished.

Post by KavalJeet »

Hi,

I've a CICS program in which there is a value which I'm writing to TSQ. This value I need on next 'start' of the program but some where in the program this value, which is a flag, is getting lost when I read the TSQ again. Ideal logic is that I figure out that why data in TSQ is getting initialized. But in parallel I wanted to check if I can store this flag's value somewhere to see if the logic I want to apply is working or not. How can I do this?
Robert Sample
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Re: TSQ value is getting vanished.

Post by Robert Sample »

What do your WRITEQ TS and READQ TS statements look like? Without seeing them, there's not much anyone can do to help you.
But in parallel I wanted to check if I can store this flag's value somewhere
Assuming you mean other than in the TSQ, the usual and common method to pass data between programs is to use DFHCOMMAREA or a container / channel depending upon your level of CICS.
KavalJeet
Registered Member

Re: TSQ value is getting vanished.

Post by KavalJeet »

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the answer.

Please allow me some time and I'll post the required information. We have recently upgraded to CICS v5.5 and I have been told that it supports container / channel. I am not very familiar with this concept and I did some reading online about it but I don't feel like writing a program with IBM manuals I read. Is there a 'getting started with container / channel' document you know, by chance?