Question on last working day (LWD).

You can ask to get referred in this Forum.
Forum rules
1. Please be a thorough professional while you ask to be referred in some company - it's the first gateway for you to impress someone for your professional capabilities.
2. Please do not pester - it's a volunteer effort.
Sanjay Mainframe
Registered Member

Question on last working day (LWD).

Post by Sanjay Mainframe »

Hi all

I want to ask a question.

I have my last working day (Lwd) end of this month, the date is given to by the system. But the manager is saying if there some delivery impact (i am not a critical resource though)

Is there any issue with the Lwd?

Please guide me folks.
Omi
Registered Member

Re: Question on last working day (LWD).

Post by Omi »

If the system is showing a date, they can not change it just like that. You must talk to your manager and if he does not listen to you, talk to HR in your company.
Sahil Halio

Post by Sahil Halio »

Indian companies are making fun of employees. They think that they can use last-working-day etc. as their tools to exploit the employees.

LWD can not be changed by some idiot manager. Once you've sent an email for resignation, it'll reflect in the system and HR has to accept it. Managers can not change it just because they want harsh you. Be firm and face it.
M Pandey
Registered Member

Post by M Pandey »

Companies cannot stop us from leaving them. Notice period is created based on this only. In US I was that they have a week or 2 weeks' notice period. It's only in India they are to play such dirty politics. After 90 days of notice what do you need from an employee?
Rajeev Singh

Post by Rajeev Singh »

I agree with others, and it make sense that employer can not just stop you from going. As long as you have completed your notice period. In face if there are tasks remaining before you leave it is a lack from your manager side that for a 3 months notice he or she could not get the work done and or transferred.

If this is the case then no one ever be able to leave organizations. And 90 days notices anyways is of no use as far as I see it.
S Vikram

Post by S Vikram »

This is good topic and I think I can also answer as this happened with me.

One of supervisor said that he won't provide me the sign off on my last day, he kept on making me go in circle until late evening but then HR intervened. He had to give the sign-off, as I have served the 3 months of notice period. I think HR might have had a meeting with my supervisor later, but they can't stop you beyond the notice period.

This is ridiculous and mostly to do with an individual involved rather than blaming it on the company. Though usually company is blamed, which I think should not be done.
Taran Bhatia
Registered Member

Post by Taran Bhatia »

I think this is a very high when Indian IT companies should start looking into their notice-period regulations. They want us to join them as soon as possible. I personally happened to attend many interviews where I was considered only because my notice period was within 15 days. While on the other hand nearly every company has a 90 days' notice period. How can this system work?

One of my friends resigned from his current company without securing any other offer. Why? Because that way he can start applying with companies looking for a smaller number of notice-period! It's such a pressure for no good reason.
Sanjay Mainframe
Registered Member

Post by Sanjay Mainframe »

I agree this is not going to work and in fact it's not working.