scope of mainframe technology still relevant.

Other Mainframe related questions which attracts you and there is no suitable Forum you find for it and related FAQs.
DanielPer

scope of mainframe technology still relevant.

Post by DanielPer »

Is the scope of mainframe technology still relevant in today's market dominated by cloud computing and emerging technologies? Are organizations actively modernizing their mainframe systems or transitioning to newer platforms? What are the challenges and opportunities for mainframe professionals in this evolving landscape?
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Re: scope of mainframe technology still relevant.

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

Hi,

Just a friendly heads-up that adding unrelated questions to existing threads can sometimes derail the conversation and make it tough for everyone to follow along. I've noticed this happening quite frequently, and I've split your recent question from viewtopic.php?t=450 as it didn't seem to fit the original discussion there.

If you have a new question, it's always best to create a separate thread with a clear and concise title. This will help keep the forum organized and make it easier for people to find the information they need.

For your reference, here are some existing threads that might be relevant to your question:

viewtopic.php?t=10444
viewtopic.php?t=6623&start=20
viewtopic.php?t=4901
viewtopic.php?t=9045
viewtopic.php?t=7574
Thanks,
Anuj

Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.
Robert Sample
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Post by Robert Sample »

Companies that use mainframes are regularly surveyed and report that they see the need to use mainframes into the 2030's and 2040's and sometimes even longer.  IBM's latest mainframes are very focused on cloud computing and newer technologies.  Your question frames mainframes as either/or with cloud and newer technologies -- this is a mistake.  The question should be about mainframes AND cloud / newer technologies.

Why don't you try to learn something about mainframes before spouting nonsense (multiple times) on a forum?
BeryxSkymn

Post by BeryxSkymn »

What specific challenges or opportunities do organizations face when integrating mainframe technology with cloud computing and emerging technologies in the evolving market landscape?
:)